TLD provides many online tools for use by its customers and TLD personnel. To gain access to these tools you must already have an account. If you are a customer and do not yet have an account, please contact your nearest TLD representative or register here. Check our contact database to find your nearest TLD representative.
Traveling Service Technician
The Area Service Technician will be representing TLD and its core principles before our customers. He/she will complete service repairs, service bulletins, and training classes. All area service technicians will report directly to an assistant service manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
– Troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
– Perform repairs and adjustments to various components and operating systems on the TLD product line, equipment, or related components.
– Ability to disassemble components and to reassemble.
– Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
– Performs routine housekeeping duties, including cleaning work area, tool boxes, and company vehicle(s).
– Inspects, repairs and/or overhauls components, such as electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
– Other assignments as designated by supervisor.
– Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
– Company Provided Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
– Company Provided Life Insurance
– Annual Profit Sharing Bonus
– 401(K) and Roth Matching
– Employee Assistance Program
– Tuition Reimbursement
– Free Safety Shoes and Safety Prescription Eyeglasses
– Company Wide Events
– Discounted Rates for Hotels and Car Rentals
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
Must be able to lift weights exceeding 50 pounds.
– Good mechanical aptitude with basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair.
– Minimum 2 years performing repair and maintenance on vehicles, equipment, and related components.
– Experience with diesel powered vehicles preferred.
– Familiarity with the use of repair manuals, wiring (electrical) diagrams and schematics necessary to troubleshoot or repair failed components.
– Ability to work in all weather conditions.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
– Must possess basic hand tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
– Familiarity with using a computer.
– Additional skills may be required to complete an additional task(s) specific to work location.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Legally eligible to work in Canada
– Must be at least 18 years of age
– Minimum 3 years of service repair experience; in hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC
– Must have a valid driver’s license
– Must be able to read and speak the English language
– No travel restrictions
– Customer service skills
We are eager to hear from you !