5+ Years Experience
Area Sales Manager – Europe
Job based in France in Tours area (Indre et Loire)
Our sister company AERO Specialties is looking for an Area Sales Manager to support sales and marketing efforts in a designated geographic region with the target of significant growth in market share as well as customer satisfaction. In the position there is a focus on substantially expanding the sales network, promotion, and sales of all products while sustaining contribution to AERO’s profitability.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a department to achieve goals that contribute to the growth of the Company through communication, motivation, and accountability.
• The ability to work hard, to complete multiple challenging tasks/projects within agreed time frames and with the appropriate level of critical thinking and quality. To manage daily, monthly, and annual goals with clear, proactive communication and follow-up across all teams, both internal and external.
• The drive to improve the business and its processes by seeking efficiency in all activities.
• A commitment to be your best self every day; to taking responsibility for your actions; to taking a positive approach towards your coworkers, our challenges and our failures, to pushing yourself and your coworkers for results.
• We strive for success but sometimes we miss. When we do, we expect everyone to pull together, to get back up and to push forward again – together.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge on the aviation industry including products, technologies, customers, and competitors.
• Able to establish close relationship with customers’ top management as well as working level staff; foster and maintain a friendly and credible appearance with customers at all times.
• Ability to manage stressful situations, understand and resolve customer emergencies, and balance the customer needs with AERO factory/engineering and Distributed suppliers’ needs.
• Assume a key role in compliance enforcement in regard to sales transactions and customer relationships, especially when employing new agents and distributors or validating SOL’s.
• Fulfill yearly targets as defined by AERO’s management, in terms of market share, pricing, margin, lead time and payment conditions.
• Adhere to AERO’s pricing policies, general terms & conditions of sales, and strictly follow AERO’s (and in some cases ALVEST’s) sales and compliance procedures.
• Maintain relationships with current customers and systematically explore new customers and new markets; identify resellers for key markets
• Supervise & control the preparation of sales offers to customers, while coordinating with production or supplier’s factories to check lead times.
• Facilitate communication between customers, and the after sales service or spare parts departments.
• Handle crisis situations and ensure smooth customer support by coordinating the necessary technical solutions, spare parts, or service technicians.
• Organize and manage customer visits on-site, or at relevant production facilities; Specify customer needs and feedback to facilities.
• Report regularly on all customer visits and activities, competitors, industry, and market information with a view of increasing AERO’s market share; Create marketing and sales strategies that achieve measurable results; plan strategic selling process in assigned sales area.
• Promote the sales of all AERO branded products and spare parts, as well as other third party GSE products that AERO represents at industry events, shows, customer visits and meetings.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of promotion tools and documents specific to assigned sales area.
• Ensure reporting of all sales prospects through company sales software on a timely basis; prepare sales and margin cost analysis for management.
• Manage and optimize the expense budget in the best interest of AERO; realize budget sales and margin targets within budget constraints; analyze results and take corrective actions when necessary.
• Report, analyze and explain whenever a business opportunity is lost.
• Carry out 3-month rolling sales forecasts monthly; make sure monthly sales budgets, booking and invoicing are achieved; attend sales meetings and report latest activities, sales achievements, and forecast compared with annual budget.
• Support other colleagues in the ALVEST Group as needed or requested to achieve overall goals and targets.
• Communicate with other sales entities in the ALVEST Group, cooperate and coordinate the follow-up of global customers; attend and take active part in Group sales network meetings.
• Prepare the required due diligence documents for any agent or distributor employed, supervise and control contracts and conditions (e.g. SOL/SOR) to comply with TLD procedures to ensure and fulfill
TLD Ethics and Compliance rules.
• Organize or take part in AERO factory training of sales team and customers in partnership with product engineers.
• Coordinate the commissioning of the equipment with after-sales service when necessary.
• Plan, coordinate, and/or carry out on-site technical training to customer and to AERO agents as necessary.
• Monitor and coordinate the actual provision of customer service; oversee warranty service and contribute (as needed) to the resolution of customer claims.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• BA/BS degree (or 5+ years’ experience with no college degree)
• Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in local dialect
• Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English language
• Must have a high attention to detail to ensure accuracy and the ability to multitask
• Ability to work at a fast pace
• Able to travel up to 75% of the time
• Highly developed communication skills
• Ability to resolve problems, maintain a highly professional demeanor, and work collaboratively with a team